Thursday 18 February 2016

Author Spotlight: Sanjida Kay

Today it's my pleasure to be featuring in the spotlight author and broadcaster Sanjida Kay whose debut thriller Bone by Bone is being published on 3rd March.

When I was five years old I decided I wanted to be a novelist and a zoologist. 

I have a PhD on chimpanzees (useful as I have a small child) and I’ve had eight books published (four novels and four works of non-fiction as Sanjida O'Connell). Getting there was a lot harder than it sounds since a) I had to pass ‘A’ Level chemistry, b) learn how to spell, and c) write books without any training other than ‘O’ Level English. 

Along the way I wrote features and columns for national newspapers and magazines about science and the environment, directed science documentaries and presented wildlife programmes for the BBC.

My fifth novel, Bone by Bone, is a psychological thriller and it’s going to be published by Corvus Books in March 2016. I’m writing a second thriller RIGHT NOW!

I'm pleased to be able to exclusively share with you below the trailer that was made for Sanjida and her publishers by Laura Pride at OMGrenegade.  .


Laura loves her daughter more than anything in the world.

But nine-year-old daughter Autumn is being bullied. Laura feels helpless.

When Autumn fails to return home from school one day, Laura goes looking for her. She finds a crowd of older children taunting her little girl.

In the heat of the moment, Laura makes a terrible choice. A choice that will have devastating consequences for her and her daughter...

Bone by Bone is published by Corvus Books on 3rd March, eBook and Trade Paperback

No comments:

Post a Comment