Monday 16 November 2015

Kelly's Guest Review: Emma Hamilton - Christmas Cravings

Reviewed by Kelly Spillane

How could everything that seemed so right suddenly have gone so wrong for Mia? Snow is on the ground and Christmas lights twinkle in the German Christmas market. The warm, spiced wine is just right, but there's still one key ingredient missing from her romantic dream. Will Mia's Christmas turn out to be sugar and spice and all things nice - or a deflated soufflĂ© of loneliness and regret? 

-- Christmas Cravings is a festive romance standalone episode from the Greedily Yours series. 

Amazon link: Kindle

I can't tell you how happy I am that Mia Maxwell is back in Christmas Cravings, the ninth installment of the Greedily Yours series.  I have enjoyed this series so much and I'm happy to say that this installment proves that it just keeps on getting better and better.  This episode sees Mia and her best friend Lizzie at the Christmas markets in Cologne.  Mia is devastated that things between her and her gorgeous boyfriend Tom have gone sour and we soon discover what has happened in her life since we last met up with her, going through time from Cologne to Cornwall throughout.   

All of the characters from the previous episodes are back including Tom, Lizzie, Sylvia and even Paul. This episode is just as charming as the ones before it and once again is beautifully descriptive.  Christmas Cravings has the same wit and humour as the previous episodes but it is also tinged with sadness.  I was devastated to find that things between Mia and Tom didn't work out, but the more I read the sadder I felt as certain things unfolded.  

Christmas Cravings transported me to the Christmas Markets and is so beautifully described throughout the episode that it made me want to hop on a flight and experience it all for myself. This is a perfect read for if the dark evenings to come and it will certainly get you in the Christmas spirit.  I have never come across a main character that sparkles quite as much as Mia does.  The only negative I can honestly find is that it had to finish. If you haven't read this series, do it, I promise you will not be disappointed.  Everyone deserves a bit of Mia Maxwell in their lives.

I'd like to thank Hayley at Emma Draude PR for sending us a copy of Christmas Cravings for Kelly to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment