Saturday 8 August 2015

HI Readathon: Cold Feet at Christmas by Debbie Johnson

Running out on your wedding shouldn’t be this much fun!

A remote Scottish castle on a snowy Christmas Eve. A handsome husband-to-be. A dress to die for. It should have been the happiest day of Leah Harvey’s life – but the fairytale wedding turns sour when she finds her fiancĂ© halfway up the bridesmaid’s skirt just hours before the ceremony!

Fleeing the scene in a blizzard, Leah ends up stranded at the nearest cottage, where she collapses into the arms of its inhabitant – a man so handsome she thinks she must have died and gone to heaven!

And when Rob Cavelli suddenly finds himself with an armful of soaking wet, freezing cold, and absolutely gorgeous bride on the run, he’s more than happy to welcome her into his snowbound cottage this Christmas…

Amazon links: Kindle or Paperback 

When I decided to take part in this HI Readathon it seemed the perfect time to catch up on one of the outstanding Christmas eBooks even though we're now finally getting some decent Summer weather. From the cutesy cover I was expecting a festive read but other than starting and ending on Christmas Eve a year apart it's not really all that festive.  Instead what we have is the story of Leah, a mysterious stranger, and how she gets over her cheating fiance.

It was clear from first meeting Rob that there was a reason he was hiding out in the middle of nowhere and the last thing he needed to distract him from his misery was the runaway bride Leah.  But once she turned up on his doorstep he couldn't exactly turn her away and that's when the fun really starts as the chemistry between the two of them was off the chart and they both end up making some spur of the moment decisions that will have an impact on the rest of their lives...

I will openly admit that some parts of this story I found a little unbelievable, I mean if you loved someone enough to get married to them would you really fall so quickly for someone new even if they were a tall, dark handsome stranger?  Who knows, maybe you would and I just haven't met that someone who swept me off my feet so fast.

And as for the decision to up sticks and move.... well I'm not sure it's quite as straight forward a thing to do as it seemed as I'm sure there would be a lot more red tape involved but this is a work of fiction so I will let that go.

So once I was able to put these minor niggles aside in my head I was able to go with the flow and enjoy this story for the complicated romance story that it was, and there were certainly plenty of highs and lows along the way, as we all know the path of true love rarely runs smoothly. .

I received a copy of Cold Feet at Christmas from the publisher via NetGalley 

No comments:

Post a Comment