Monday 15 June 2015

Guest Book Review: Kat Black - Playing with Fire

Reviewed by Sarah Pritchard

The steamy story of Annabel Frost and Aidan Flynn continues … Can you handle the heat? 

Before Aidan Flynn had swept into her life with the destructive force of a wildfire, Annabel Frost had thought she'd had all she needed from her life. A successful career, financial independence, emotional restraint. Things that were safe, secure, steady. Everything her childhood hadn't been. 

Aidan represented none of that. Reckless and risky he'd been the red hot flame that melted the icy layers of her long-frozen heart. Having run from him once, Annabel should have learnt to leave trouble well enough alone. 

But now Aidan is back, turning up the heat. And regardless of the danger of getting herself badly burned, Annabel can't seem to resist the temptation to play with this particular fire.

Amazon link: Kindle

Playing with Fire is one of the many eBooks that has been sat on my Kindle patiently waiting for me to review so I'm grateful to Sarah for allowing me to share her review on the blog so that it is not overlooked any longer. 

I was so excited about this after reading Melting Ms Frost and it didn’t disappoint.  Although there wasn’t as much sexiness in this book it was just as brilliant as the first.  There was still some sexiness but not as often, it didn’t take anything away from story and was well written and built up when it was there.

It was great to be able to continue reading about these fabulous characters that felt like a part of me and finding out more about their lives and how things progress.  I couldn’t stop thinking about them when I wasn’t reading it and genuinely felt like I was missing a good friend when I wasn’t reading it.  The relationship between Aiden and Annabel was more turbulent in a real life scenario with arguments and making up and the twist had me unable to put down until I knew whether it worked out like I wanted.  It took me a little longer to read this due to life getting in the way but I read 60% of this book in less than 3 hours, whilst struggling to not let it end!

I really hope there will be more books in this series and while I don’t often re-read books I have read once I could without a doubt start these again and not be disappointed that I know how it ends.

I am already excited to read the next book by Kat……please don’t make us wait too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment