Thursday 8 May 2014

Guest Book Review: JoJo Moyes - The One Plus One

Reviewed by Lisa Hemmings

One single mum

With two jobs and two children, Jess Thomas does her best day after day. But it's hard on your own. And sometimes you take risks you shouldn't. Because you have to...

One chaotic family

Jess's gifted, quirky daughter Tanzie is brilliant with numbers, but without a helping hand she'll never get the chance to shine. And Nicky, Jess's teenage stepson, can't fight the bullies alone.

Sometimes Jess feels like they're sinking...

One handsome stranger

Into their lives comes Ed Nicholls, a man whose life is in chaos, and who is running from a deeply uncertain future. But he has time on his hands. He knows what it's like to be lonely. And he wants to help...

One unexpected love story

The One Plus One is a captivating and unconventional romance from Jojo Moyes about two lost souls meeting in the most unlikely circumstances.


Amazon links: Kindle or Hardcover

From the first book that I read of Jo-Jo Moyes I fell in love with her characters and style of writing.  I was so excited to be given a preview copy of this book and put off reading it, not because I knew she would disappoint, but because I knew I wouldn't be able to put it down and I wanted to save it. 

Once again I was so not disappointed.  The story is well written and easy to follow, the characters extract your sympathy and are just like friends and neighbours.  I have personal experience of the two different worlds that are told in this books and they are described just perfectly and so true to life. 

I absolutely loved it, couldn't put it down and so didn't want the story to end, as I knew I wouldn't.  This is another must read which needs to go to the top of anyone's pile.

I'd like to thank Lisa for reviewing this book for me from her own copy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment