Thursday 13 March 2014

Books Read: Georgia Hill - Say it with Sequins: The Waltz

Slip on some dance shoes and step up to love!

Who Dares Dances is a reality TV show with a difference. Not only do the contestants have to learn to dance, they also face a series of bizarre tasks.


Best-selling children’s writer, Lucy Everett, signs up as a personal challenge – can she battle her phobias and dance in front of millions of viewers?


When she meets fellow competitor, the seriously sexy but reserved Olympic swimmer Max Parry, she finds in him her very own Prince Charming.


But Max seems content to just be friends. Will Lucy ever get her longed for fairy tale ending?


Find out by waltzing into this dreamily romantic second novella in the Say it with Sequins series.



Amazon link: Kindle 

I couldn't resist requesting a copy of this novella when I saw it on NetGalley as the cover caught my attention and being a Strictly fan I loved the idea of a fiction series revolving round a dance show, Who Dares Dances. 

Reclusive writer Lucy was persuaded to take part in the show to help her overcome some serious phobias, whereas Olympic swimmer Max had very different reasons for taking part. It doesn't take long for them to notice each other but shyness and a lot of misunderstandings stand in their way.

I really liked seeing Lucy and Max's friendship develop and found myself chuckling at some of the uncomfortable moments created by their misunderstandings.  

The only thing that I would have liked a little bit more of was descriptions of the actual learning of the dance but I guess that would be quite hard to portray to readers as it's not visual like watching it on TV. 

The good news is that each of these novellas could be read as standalones as I did for Say it with Sequins: The Waltz as they'll feature new central characters but I did feel a little at a disadvantage having not read the first book in the series, Say it with Sequins: The Rumba, as it would have given me an introduction to the secondary characters.

You don't have to be a fan of Strictly or Ballroom dancing to enjoy this book, it was an enjoyable feel-good read that I think will appeal to all.  I'm already looking forward to reading the rest of the series and will definitely be purchasing a copy of The Rumba to read before the next novella, The Charleston, is published later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment