Thursday 16 January 2014

Books Read: Lucie Whitehouse - before we met

A whirlwind romance. A perfect marriage.

Hannah Reilly has seized her chance at happiness.


Until the day her husband fails to come home . . .


The more questions Hannah asks, the fewer answers she finds. But are the secrets that Mark has been keeping designed to protect him or protect her? 


And can you ever really know what happened before you met?


Amazon links: Kindle or Hardback

When Hannah met and married husband Mark after a whirlwind romance, she gave up a good job and life in the US to return home to live in the UK.  The only spanner in the works is that she's lonely whilst he's abroad on business trips as she's still out of work despite a number of promising interviews.

But when Mark doesn't arrive home from a business trip home at his usual time, and she's unable to contact him, she begins to wonder just how much does she really know about her husband especially when his colleagues seem to think they were going away on a romantic trip that weekend!

When he does eventually ring her he tells her that this business trip has been extended but something doesn't feel right to Hannah so she decides to start looking for clues as to what Mark might be up to but is she really ready for the answers that she might find?

Although I did enjoy this story in the end, I did find the beginning a bit slow going and could quite easily have skipped that part, but towards the middle I did find myself gripped wanting to keep on reading so that I could get to the twists that I knew had to be coming... some of which I'd predicted, others not.

Despite this being Lucie Whitehouse's third book, it's actually the first of hers that I've read so I've now added her first two books onto my wishlist to read if I ever manage to clear my TBR pile!

I received a copy of this eBook from the publisher via NetGalley to review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment